Sunday 23 October 2011

Malenchik (Vodole), Slovenia











Originally I had planned to stay at a Tourist farm and work in exchange for sleeping accomodation. This was not avaible in this area, te , more on these tourist farms Malenchik were to stay, relax, sample wine, not work at all. Okay then, that works for me. I arrived shortly after lunch, got myself settled. The room was very spacious and I even had a nice sitting area to relax in. The view from terrace was fantastic.








 The owner directed me to some walking routes I could take. Away I went, not to return until 6 hours later!





Tripper & pal hanging on the grapevine

































The sun was shining and the temperature 27C. What a beautiful place and day! The scenery of the vineyards was amazing.   I came across a group of Scandinavian tourists.












I travelled the higher road, making my way to the church vineyard. Up the roadway I saw a large shape, a bear, no? It was a huge German Shepard. He looked up then started quickly down the road towards me. No one was around and I was quite scared, not sure if this dog was friendly or what. I heard some talking, some youngsters were playing near the pathway from the roadway. I headed the direction of the youngsters. The dog stopped, glanced my direction then carried on. Phew!!  It did look by a number of times which left me a little unsettled.











By the viewpoint I met a couple from Ljubljana. The woman had lived in Austria for a few years, many years ago.





As I left and near the main road intersection what did I see? The German Shepard bounding down the road towards me again. This time he just gave a casual glance and ran towards home? The sun was still strong and I was getting a little worn out so decided to head back to the farm, not ranch.












This had been a wonderful day, I had done so much walking!  I walked back to the farm, thankful for the much needed rest and dinner. I had a traditional Slovenian meal with of course...a few glasses of wine from their vineyard. It was very, very good indeed. After such an active day I slept well that night. The next day I played fetch with one of their Great Pyrennes (the ball is a little deflated).





I enjoyed my time here, if  I would of known how much I would of booked an additional day.  Great time, fun not working either!  All turned out good.







No comments:

Post a Comment