Friday 12 August 2011

Berlin

Want one brought home?
Spent train ride updating journal, p/cards, resting my sprained ankle. Got ice @ Mcdonalds for it (which required supervisors approval!). Guess I wasn't paying full attention, I heard Berlin @ got off, to early! I was @ south station not main. Geez..all turned around, see I'm good @ getting lost! Had 2 take S & Ubahn underground, not to keen about it but no other way 2 my destination :(. Made it, wasn't raining then but poured next day. Thought of bringing umbrella from home but decided against. Well I bought one in Fussen, good to go! Berlin is a huge, diverse,beautiful city. I've walked lots, as usual, taken u/ground-managed to get lost more than once!! Lol..many people with maps, wandering around, lost, asking for directions, I didn't feel too alone! Sunny when I woke, had summer wear on, started pouring, now it's stopped & cloudy.  Berlin is less costly than Munich. Visited the VW & Mercedes showrooms, beautiful cars! Have been to the Brandenburg gate,Check Point Charlie, remaining wall, plus more touristy & non. Going to head to Poland but thinking of checking east Germany, Dresden out then to Prague. I still have day left on German rail pass. I'll keep u informed. I posted some pics on f/book, long process, one @ time. Hope to post some here soon! With luck wifi works well in other locations. :0) 

Brandenburg Gate, Berlin

Brandenburg Gate pillar



Tripper hanging out at the wall
Berlin main train station, huge!

No comments:

Post a Comment