Friday 12 August 2011

Indy 500!?/Mario Andretti!!?/Sprained ankle

As my castle tour was scheduled later in the day, when I arrived @ train station it appeared last train to Munich had already left. I had given train schedule/info to Sissy day before, so I could not confirm. A couple from Cologne said for sure there were no more trains that night, we must take a taxi in order to get back to Munich. Jurgen hailed a driver...who looked to be 65-70?! Off we all went, originally to 1st town train station. Holy cow, we were flying down the winding side roads! Thought for sure we where in a high speed chase! Decision was made(not sure by who) to go to larger town, we'd already been flying down side roads 1/2 hour & more. 45 minutes later, I wondered if I'd been kidnapped?! Wondered how many $$ this would be? Crap taxi driver drove sooo friggin fast!! We made it to Buchaloe wtith 5-10 min to spare before train to Munich arrived! Phew!!..what an unbelievable day!  Where I was staying in Munich, Pension Hayden is not open 24/7. The owner said he would leave a key in a secret location as I would be returning late. A car had parked in front of spot where key was left & as I went around car there was a drop off...and guess what I sprained my ankle! Or was it really from all the beer I drank! Thank goodness I didn't break it. Can't imagine having to travel on crutches!

No comments:

Post a Comment