Monday 30 January 2012

Chefchouen, Morocco

I took an early fast ferry from Tarifa, Spain to Tangiers, Morocco. From Tangiers I woudl be catching a bus to Chefchouen, called the blue town. The bus journey to Chefchouen would take 3 hours.






I arrived in Tangiers thinking I only had a short time before the bus ride, well I was wrong. There was an hour difference between Spain & Morocco!  The lady at the bus station suggested I go for coffee and do a bit of exploring. Which is just what I did.  Here a few photos of Tangiers.


















I slept part of the way on the bus ride to Chefchouen. At one point I woke up to the sight of large green mountains, huge as in the Coquihalla. The scenery was gorgeous!!




Periodically  the mountains were dotted with villages & sparkling white houses.  People were walking along the roadway/highway.  There were goats, donkeys & cattle grazing, some with shephards watching over them. 

The main square by the old medina.






















No comments:

Post a Comment